Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 29--Hidden Love Notes

Sadly, I have not quite been able to shake off whatever I have managed to catch, but I feel better tonight than I have for the last forty eight hours for sure.  Today was a hectic day because we had another showing.  Showings are such a complicated part of our life.  On the one hand, we know that we won't sell our house until we show to the right person, but on the other hand, we have been showing our house for months and months now, with not even a single nibble.  So, what they represent in practice is a lot of work and inconvenience, even though what they represent in theory is a chance to finally sell our house.  We both waver back and forth between utter excitement at the idea of selling our house and getting to move into something more suitable and the conviction that we will never sell this house and will live here for the rest of our lives.  Each showing brings all of those conflicting emotions right back to the forefront.

Today, we used the time to head to the grocery store to pick up some much needed items, so at least that part of the day was not wasted, but by the time we got home, I was more than exhausted.  After we got the groceries unloaded and put away, it was nap time for the kids and nap time for mommy while Barney watched football.

When I woke up, I felt somewhat better than I have since Friday, so I snuck upstairs and created several notes that I hid in each of Barney's drawers in his chest of drawers.  They range from silly to sweet to slightly more serious.  Hopefully he will find them over the course of several days and have several separate occasions of enjoyment out of them.  So far, he hasn't found any yet, and since he doesn't usually open those drawers at night, I am not expecting him to find any until the morning.

Tomorrow is a rushed morning because we have an early doctor's appointment where we (hopefully) find out what we are having, so it may be the perfect time to find a quick note to remind him of how awesome that I think he is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment