Thursday, June 30, 2011

Still in the Trenches

I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post. I haven't forgotten my goal or stopped endeavoring to meet it, but I have so many demands on my time these days that I simply cannot do it all, and blogging has been pushed down each day to the bottom of a list that never gets completed.

Outside of my ongoing work, caring for my newborn as well as his older siblings, and trying to maintain my household, we have had major family events for the past week that had either seen us out of town staying with family or in town but with family staying with us. It has been a blast, but time to myself, to spend with Barney, and to sleep have been quite scarce. We said goodbye to my uncle and his family today and have three days of downtime before we head off to visit Barney's family. Of course, it's not really downtime when you have to use that time to catch up on where you fell behind and to try to work ahead so as not to fall behind again this next trip.

The good news is that Barney got to sneak away from my family for a day to go play paintball with his brothers and then to gave them stay the night at our house. I know he had a blast, and I'm sure he loved the break from the insanity.

We are still trying to figure out our roles with this new baby, and it's been hard so far to find a good balance. I'm hoping thongs will be much easier once he's old enough to sleep through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment