Monday, July 25, 2011

It's Getting Better All The Time

Dear Barney,

Today was such a good day. It was a good day for the easy routine of it all. We got up, got the kids ready, breakfasted, and then the nanny came and work began. There were errands this afternoon and our Monday night supper club. The kids had a good day and seemed to enjoy the utter normality of it as much as we did.

The best part though was the feeling of being life partners together and not just survivors trying to make it through the day, forced to rely on one another. I noticed that we regularly drifted into the room where the other person was for a quick check-in, hello, or just moment of affection. It's nice to both be wanting that affection and sharing it again. During the first several weeks with the little man, our marriage was almost put on hold. I'm so glad to know for sure that it was just in hibernation and not in a permanent state of alteration.

I missed you. I missed us. I'm looking forward to getting reacquainted again.

I love you :)

--me.

No comments:

Post a Comment