Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 10--A Harried Day

I'm not sure that I have stopped to take a break for more than 5 minutes at any given point in the two days that we've been home from my parent's house (outside of my brief evening siesta last evening).  Yesterday was dedicated to working and preparing for today, which was our family Christmas for Barney, myself, and the kids.  It was a great time, though I wish we'd had more time to enjoy it.

I tried to slip in some work this morning but spent most of the day with last minute shopping and then lots of wrapping for both our Christmas and the gift exchange with Barney's family for later this week.  We head to Barney's parent's house tomorrow.  My goal for today and tomorrow was to get as much done to allow Barney to leave first thing tomorrow morning.  He is so excited to see his family and to hang out with his brothers, one of whom he has not seen in six months.  This is a two-day goal because so much of the preparation for leaving tomorrow had to come into play today.

I have worked until I am ready to drop.  After putting the last bow on the last present at 11:30 this evening, I took a quick shower and headed downstairs to grade for an hour.  Then, I will wake up in the morning and pack, grade, and try to get our house in showing condition before we try to engage the holiday traffic for the four and a half hour trip to the in-laws.

I had really, really hoped to have all of my grading complete before we left so that once we got to his parent's house, I could just hang out with the family and participate in all of the festivities.  From where I am sitting right now, it does not look like that is going to happen, sadly.  But, I am going to go ahead and forge on with my plan to leave early because I know that is what Barney really, really wants.  And, if I have to grade instead of just hanging out for a few hours, that is just going to be okay with me.

New plan is to nap in the car so that I can stay awake later tomorrow night to do my grading.  All this requires is two cooperative toddlers.  Hey--stop being cynical!  It could happen--tis the season for holiday miracles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment