Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 18--Extra Sleep Provides a Fresh Perspective

Things were much better today, and I think that there were multiple reasons.  The first is that I got to sleep in and got almost eight hours of sleep, which was crucial.  The second is that several people have headed back to their houses, making for a less crazy and packed household.  While it is really fun to have the whole family here and all of the grandkids, it is also just pure insanity a lot of the time.  With fewer people, things are calmer.  The third reason is that the girls all went to the Galleria today and did some shopping.  I didn't find what I needed, but shopping always puts me in a good mood.

When we got back, the girls all wanted to go get some Mexican food, but the guys all wanted to go work out.  I wanted Barney to come to dinner with us since I felt like I really hadn't seen him all day.  But, after telling him that I would love to have him come hang out with us, I also let it be known that if he would rather go work out and play basketball, that is exactly what he should do.  The best part?  I wasn't secretly resentful or upset.  I was glad that we both got to do what we wanted, and I was just looking forward to spending time with him this evening.

It was an easiest day of the trip by far, but I think it would be dishonest of me to claim that this is a direct result of my goals or my attempts to implement them.  I think that all of this certainly plays a role, but it also was just a day without much conflict.  A big blessing--and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment