Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 17--Exhaustion Plays Its Role

What I am happy about regarding my project for attitude adjustment is that I have managed to re-align my thinking enough to honestly feel like I can see any situation that pops up through a new perspective, and I have even been able to come up with proactive ideas on how to either avoid situations or even to offer up fresh ideas for ways that he can spend time doing fun things with the other guys.  For example, this evening several people had some friends over for dinner, and as it was winding down, Barney wanted to play a specific board game, which would have included me.  However, the other people who like to play that game were unavailable.  So, I suggested that he play a couple games of Fifa with the guys who were available, even though I would have liked something else a tinge more perhaps.

However, my nerves are fraying for a variety of reasons, including a continuous lack of routine, an ongoing and building lack of sleep, a diet of overly rich foods, and a lack of personal space or time away from home.  I am finding myself fighting a general bad mood and a negative attitude over virtually nothing.  I am not a pep-talker by nature, but I've somehow taken to giving myself regular (silent) pep talks to cheer up, smile, and remember the multitude of good things that are happening in my life.  None of this is making my project any easier, but on the other hand, I am becoming more and more sure of the timeliness and significance of what I'm attempting to do for Barney.  I have a long established tendency to get wrapped up in how things affect me, and I too often forget that my attitude affects others.  So, here is to maintaining a good attitude for the duration of this trip . . . and beyond of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment