Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 141--A Very, Very Unbirthday to Me

Somehow the depression that weighed me down yesterday was much abated from the time that I woke up this morning.  It was like I had survived turning 30 and lived to see the other side, or some other such nonsense.  I could go into all kinds of theories on the psychology behind this, but the bottom line is I'm not sure why yesterday got me so down and today was not the same.  I am definitely glad though.

Barney was really sweet and got up again this morning so that I could sleep in two days in a row, something I took a little better advantage of these last two days that I have been doing.  From that point forward though we really saw very little of each other today.  I had a litany of projects to work on today, and so did he.  Then, Marshall came over for a few hours, and they worked on guy stuff together.

During the brief times when we did see each other today, I tried to reiterate to him how much I appreciated the thought he put into yesterday, and I tried to let him know how grateful I am for having such a sweet and loving husband.  I also refrained from pushing him to work on the home projects that I really wanted to work on when I realized how much work he was trying to catch up on after Marshall's unannounced (but of course very welcomed) visit.  That sounds pretty obvious, but it felt like a sacrifice of sorts to move those items from today's to-do list to tomorrow's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment