Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Days 167-169: Still Here

I am now officially 15 minutes into my due date and am still pregnant.  Intellectually, this is not surprising news, but emotionally, it's a little disappointing.  We are well past the days of making plans in advance, but we are working hard to keep busy.  In addition to house projects, we have been spending time with friends, and today my mom came into town for a spur-of-the-moment shopping trip, which was awesome.

As for Barney and I, things have been going very well.  I feel like we have been able to connect more over the last couple of weeks than we have in a good while, and I have started to feel much more in the spirit of this project than those crazy weeks just after we moved in and everything was about dealing with the house issues.

As I mentioned in my last post, Barney is expecting his new lawn mower to arrive on Thursday, and he got to seed the backyard today now that our sprinkler system is officially in and installed.  So, I wasn't looking to buy him anything on our shopping trip today, considering how much money we've spent on those two items.  But, the Groupon for today was a paintball experience that was 64% off, and he has been wanting to play paintball for years.  I couldn't resist.  I bought it for him and forwarded it to him with a note that simply said "I love you," and when he discovered it, he was completely thrilled.  I also bought him a six pack of a beer he has been wanting to try but hasn't seen in a store.  All told, I spent less than $25 on him today, but his excitement over his surprises was really fun.  I can't help but hope that my next surprise for him is going to be spontaneous and natural progression into labor.  My fingers are crossed, but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment