Thursday, May 26, 2011

Days 163-164: Nesting Syndrome

I think Barney has fully cottoned onto my strong nesting instinct that has taken over my life.  He sweetly spent most of today working on finishing painting our baseboards so that we can put our furniture back into place and take the tape off of our walls.  I know it wasn't a fun project for him, but he would not let me help out at all for fear that the paint fumes could possibly harm the baby.  He had a great spirit about the project, and I really appreciate his hard work.

We are slowing rapidly on our home improvement projects, though there are still a few in the works, and the slowdown has lent itself to a strong sense of interminable days as we await the birth of Jefferson.  Once you reach this stage in pregnancy, everything seems to take forever anyway, and we are definitely there.  The house is as ready as we can get it, the baby gear is out, cleaned, and positioned for use.  The car seat is by the door.  All I need to do is to pack our bags and, of course, actually go into labor.

Today I spent much of the day in the kitchen, culminating in fixing Barney one of his very favorite meals and then going for a walk with him and the kids tonight.  Once Jefferson arrives, my ability to really focus on Barney will likely be curtailed for a while, so I am trying to find ways now to really show him how much I appreciate him and love him.  I fixed him breakfast this morning so that it was ready as soon as he got up, and we went out to lunch just the two of us yesterday.  I also encouraged him to buy a new gadget that he really loves and I know that he really wanted.  Then, on Saturday, he wants to watch a big soccer game, so I am going to make sure that the kids and I are out of his hair and that he gets to fully enjoy the big game.

We also have good friends coming over for dinner tomorrow and a date night with new friends scheduled for Saturday.  If I could figure out a way to take him to see a movie I will try to do that as well before the little guy gets here. . . . but if he wants to go ahead and make his appearance now, well, I could probably sacrifice the movie at this point for a chance to get my body back to myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment