Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 114--The Office

Well, we have pretty much done a room a day.  We started with the bedrooms and bathrooms and have now virtually finished the playroom, made serious progress on the guestroom, and tonight are doing the office.  The office is the one room of the house that is really more Barney's than anyone else's, even though he won't likely spend that much time in there anyway.  But, he is very much enjoying the arranging and setting up of things in there, while I am hugely exhausted.  It would be a bad, bad idea to stay up until 1:00am again for the 8th or 9th night in a row.  So, I am pretty well headed to bed in the next hour or so, and I will leave him to "his" room for tonight.  There is soooo, sooooo much to do still, but not tonight and not until I am better rested.

Barney has been such a stabilizing force for me in these last few days, and I am not sure that I have emphasized that enough to him or on here for that matter.  He has been really willing to let me take on projects and lead the way while he does much of the heavy lifting.  There were times towards the end of our days in the old house when it felt like our marriage might just be falling apart (not because it actually was but because of the stress that we were both under).  It feels like a whole new marriage, even though in many ways our stress is just as high as it was in those last days--though for different, more positive, reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment