Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Days 134 & 135--My Saddest Days So Far

Yesterday my cat went missing.  He hated the fans all over the house that are so loud, and when workers were in and out at some point, he slipped out.  We thought he was just hiding (which is what he's been doing since the fans came on), so we are not sure what time exactly he got out.  But, the bottom line is that he is nowhere to be found.  Since we just moved and since his tag has our old home phone on it, we don't think there is a very good chance of him coming home.

I am very sad about this, and it has made me very resentful of the house and its issues in general.  So, it has made everything hard for me, including interactions with Barney.  I know that he does not want another cat, and I know equally well that I will strongly want another cat.  I have long known that we would one day have this issue, but I didn't realize it would be so soon.  I will have to think long and hard about this because I have had a cat my whole life, and it is very much a part of who I am.  But, I know that Barney has valid points as well.  Right now I am so emotional about the subject that I have very little perspective, but this will be something that will cause issues for us no matter what.  I know that my first step is to pray about it, and from there, I am really unsure of where to go next.

1 comment: