Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 122--Having Fun, Rain or Shine

Today really was a great day.  We all got to sleep in, though I was the first up at 8:30.  I did a little bit of school work, and then got ready for the day.  We met up for breakfast downstairs about 9:30, and it was really yummy.  We then meandered through the French Quarter, poking around in shops until we hit Canal Street, where we picked up the cable car, intending to go to the Garden District.  Unfortunately, we ended up way past the district without realizing it, which meant that it took us a while to get back and lead to a very late lunch.  But, the food was great, and then the went shopping on Magazine Street while the boys stopped off for Happy Hour.  They met up with us later for more shopping, and then we hopped the trolley back over to the French District and headed to the waterfront for a stroll before another very good meal.  By 8:30, we were back at our hotel and totally wiped.  I would estimate that we walked a good seven miles today, which is hard work at seven months pregnant.  We watched a movie on our computers and said good night to Marshall and his wife.  I am now done with classes and headed to join my sleeping husband.

It was honestly a really fun day that had little itinerary and lots of charm.  I think that Barney is very glad to be enjoying this time with Marshall before Marshall moves across the country in a few short months.  He takes them to the airport very early in the morning, and then he and I will spend another day and a half or so here just the two of us.  Today was not really about he and I as much as it was just a fun day as a group.  It will also be fun tomorrow to be just the two of us.  I have no set plans other than to see what fun adventures we can find.  I guess I better go get some sleep so that I will be ready when the sun comes up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment