Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 123--A Slight Disappointment

On paper, today was great.  We slept in, got some work done, and spent the rest of the day eating good food, shopping, and seeing the sights.  But, somehow we just never really felt connected.  I felt like Barney was somewhere else all day long, and he didn't seem to really be enjoying himself.  When I asked him about it, he would put on a big smile, apologize, and try to get into the spirit of things, but it never quite seemed to work.  I'm not sure what exactly was going on, but I really hope that it does not continue into tomorrow.  We are headed back to the in-laws to see the kids tomorrow, which I am very excited about, and we will head home on Sunday, which I am also excited about despite the total lack of evidence that any of the promised work was done on our house while we were gone.

I am not sure what exactly was wrong today or how exactly to fix it.  Hopefully it was just a fluke and tomorrow will be better--there were not any fights or obvious reasons for tension, so I am going to go to bed hopeful that things will be better tomorrow.  It seems like they usually are.

No comments:

Post a Comment