Saturday, April 2, 2011

Days 109 & 110--So Much Progress, So Little to Show

I feel terrible that I keep missing days of posting, but we are getting up at 7:00am and working until 1:00am without naps or breaks, so it's been a little bit hard to sit down and write.  As we speak, Barney is exhorting me to come to bed, which won't happen for two reasons: 1. I am a bit of a perfectionist and have a hard time stopping when work is not done and 2. I still have work to do.  Of course, I could work straight through the night without making that much of a dent, so the logic is not awesome.  But, I can't help myself.

We are definitely still in the honeymoon phase with our house, which is good because we are starting to notice problems, large and small.  The big problems are as follows: the water line to the fridge does not work, the ovens don't work, and the stove doesn't work.  So, my beautiful kitchen is basically a prop that allows me to do no more than toast bread or microwave food.  Luckily, every one of those things will be covered and fixed at no cost to us by the builder--the question is only how long we will wait.

The other big drama today is that Barney dropped a large table leaf on his barefeet this evening.  One especially is causing a lot of pain, which we can't seem to relieve.  He is hobbling around now, and if it is still bad tomorrow, we will be at the very least calling the doctor.  I read some solutions for easing the pain online, but Barney was wholly uninterested in the suggestions (which call for burning a tiny hole in his nail to drain the blood).  I guess it could force us to slow down, which some might view as ultimately a good thing, but I would not put myself in that camp.  As such, I'm going to be encouraging all ideas for pain relief, and most specifically a doctor's visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment