Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Days 126 & 127--Highs and Lows

Man, yesterday was a great day.  We got home and were super motivated to get a great deal of our projects completed.  Both of us were so glad to be here and so happy to see the progress we made on our house while we were gone.

Then, today was a little rough.  Things that were supposed to be completed by contractors were not completed, and we went without electricity for most of the morning, making it hard for us to get much done in terms of work.  BUT, I unpacked the last box in the house today.  There are still boxes in the garage, but most of that is either garage items, outside items, or things that we plan to quickly get rid of.  So, that was a very exciting moment.  I am also down to only one room (the office) that is not largely put together.

The awesome thing that happened today was that my brother and his sweet wife came to visit, and it was just the infusion we needed.  They bought Barney a belated birthday dinner at our new local Mexican restaurant, and the kids were so excited to see them as well.  It was a refreshing break from worrying over household items, and it did more for Barney than I did all day.  It was a complete break from housework, which I could tell Barney really needed.  I need to figure out more diversions on a daily basis like that for him I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment