Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 21--Happy New Year!

Three weeks into the project, and we finally actually hit the official day for starting a New Year's Resolution.  Not bad for someone with noticeable procrastination tendencies! ;)

Today, we left Houston and headed back home for Fort Worth.  The morning started very early, at 6:30 am after a 2:30 am bedtime.  But, I got up and used the extra time with the kids to get ahead in my work, knowing that once we got home, I would have tons to do to prepare for Monday.  By the time Barney rolled out of bed at 10:00am though, I was completely knackered, and I fell asleep on the couch in the midst of all of the hubbub of the morning.  No one seemed to mind too much, which was nice.

I decided to finish out the trip by letting Barney have as much brother time as he could squeeze in before I wanted to leave at 2:00, which is when both kids nap.  So, after my short rest, I got up and packed all four of us up and brought the bags downstairs (one by one essentially).  If I am honest, this is absolutely our routine every time we leave his parents' house.  I am always the one who is more ready to go home, while Barney is always trying to squeeze in just a little bit more time with his family.  The difference is that I wasn't seething inside with rage this time.  I wasn't even upset.

We had a pretty uneventful drive home, and we got in around 7:00pm.  I knew that I had a lot to do tomorrow, so I was super motivated and unpacked everyone, including all Christmas presents, in order to be able to focus on putting away Christmas tomorrow.  Usually, I unpack everything but Barney's bags, but tonight, I looked at them and knew that if I didn't unpack them, they might not be unpacked for a week.  I figured it was the nice thing to do, so I just unpacked them as well.  I admit that the sense of satisfaction at having everything put away is stronger than it probably should be.

But, we had a great trip, we are home, we are unpacked, and I am ready to take on the challenges of tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment