Saturday, January 15, 2011

Days 34 & 35--More Brotherly Love

I have only gone two days without blogging, but I feel like I've abandoned post :(.  It was not for lack of intention on my part, I promise.  My mom and I were talking on Thursday night, and she asked me our plans for the weekend.  When I told her that we didn't have any plans, she was fairly surprised, as that is unlike us.  Friday rolled in, and we were still planless, so I decided to plan a romantic night at home for the two of us--dinner, a rom com, and hot chocolate for dessert.

But, right after lunch on Friday, my brother called, and he and his wife were coming into town for the evening and wanted to see if we were up for dinner.  Of course we were--the kids love seeing their uncle and aunt, and so do we.  So, my plan was quickly revised to dinner out with the fam, hot chocolate at Barnes and Noble followed by a romantic movie just the two of us at home, as my brother was going to a basketball game.  By 7:15, we were headed home for an early night after a really fun dinner.

Literally, as my brother and his wife pulled out from behind to head their separate way for the night, Barney's phone rang, and it was his oldest brother.  We will call him Marshall.  Marshall's wife and son are out of town for the weekend, and Marshall wanted to head up to our house for some board games.  Of course, we said yes.  He arrived at almost 9:00pm, and we stayed up until almost 3:00am playing.  The movie was obviously abandoned and forgotten.

It turns out that Marshall's wife is out of town until tomorrow night, and tomorrow is Marshall's birthday.  So, I decided to have a birthday celebration for the boys.  We started the day with doughnuts (our regular Saturday routine).  This was followed by a game during morning nap, which I followed up with homemade tacos for lunch.  We played another game during the afternoon naptime, and then Olivia and I headed to the grocery store for buy the ingredients we needed to make the birthday dinner--steak, mashed potatoes (a rare treat since I don't like them), macaroni and cheese, zucchini, and crescent rolls.  For cake, we had brownie sundaes.  George could not be more excited to have his uncle in town and has been narrating for him all day long the progress on getting the ice cream purchased and the brownies made.

After the kids were in bed, we continued our marathon game weekend with two more games.  It's now 1:30am.  I have not had a single moment of relaxation today, but it has been a really good and fun day.  I'm trying not to think about how I will pay for it tomorrow when I am up super early and catching up on work all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment