Sunday, January 23, 2011

Days 42 & 43--A Looooong Weekend

I was going to be shocked if it didn't happen--and of course it did.  I woke up yesterday morning sick as a dog.  Unfortunately, none of the other three were really in any better shape than I was.  I'm not even sure how we managed to get through the day, except that we all took turns napping as possible between cleaning up sick messes and watching way too much Curious George.  Unfortunately, Olivia is not just facing stomach upset but also congestion, which has proved significant, because she is not sleeping well.  I was up at 6:00am with her yesterday (when normal wake up time is around 7:30am), and she did not sleep for more than 45 minutes at a stretch yesterday.  George on the other hand had multiple really good naps, which helped us all out a lot.  Barney really stepped up yesterday, which was good, because I couldn't get out of bed between 9:00am-noon and then fell back asleep on the couch at 6:30 last night for an hour.

So, today it was my turn to step up.  I got to sleep in until 8:00, which was nice, but once I got up, Barney went back to sleep for about an hour and a half.  During that time, there were three sick episodes to deal with.  I also started trying to clean up the house some--no easy task, in part because I'm still not really well and in part because the house is in such bad shape.  Let me just illustrate one small sample of things we had to deal with this weekend--at one point today, George decided to play hide and seek by hiding in the cabinet under the stairs, where he proceeded to have an accident all over everything.  When I say the house is a nightmare, that's not really an exaggeration.  I've done seven loads of laundry today and will be washing all beds tomorrow.  I thought that today would be the recovery day, but it really wasn't.  We know for sure that George will be staying home tomorrow with us, and we will decide for sure about Olivia in the morning. 

I'm not sure either of us will ever really catch up on work--and I really wanted to take this Wednesday off because it's Barney's birthday.  I have plans for a homemade breakfast, lunch out, a movie matinee, and a home cooked dinner.  Of course, that necessitates a trip to the grocery store, which I haven't been able to take the last three days both for obvious reasons and because I haven't managed to put on anything but a new set of PJs each day.  We are out of just about everything except the dairy foods that we can't eat at this point.  Shopping's a must for tomorrow.

So, in terms of this project, I didn't really have anything preset yesterday, as it was a huge team effort just to get through the day.  Tonight though, I'm going to write Barney a thank you note to put under his pillow so that he knows that I am both aware of how great he was this weekend and that I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment