Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 24--A Facebook Surprise

Barney and I were very late to the Facebook revolution.  We signed up at the same time, approximately a year ago last August.  Before that I had purposefully and publicly scorned Facebook and had taken pleasure in being just about the only person I knew without an account (at least in my generation).  Part of the honest truth though was that I was afraid I would become a Facebook addict, since I am online so much anyway.

However, when we both starting working from home, we figured we would probably need the outlet as a way to keep up with our friends.  So, we both got accounts.  For a while it was fun to see people add us as friends and to have a friendly competition over who would have more friends.  Barney quickly won that contest.  But, within a couple of weeks, I pretty much lost all interest in Facebook.  I just honestly don't get it.  We both will check the newsfeed occasionally when we are bored--like when we are in the car but not driving, waiting at a doctor's appointment, etc.  But, we rarely to never make posts unless it is to answer a direct question, and that is the extent of our use.

So, last night when I was trying to come up with my plan for today, I was surprised that the idea I kept coming back to was posting a sweet message on Facebook for Barney.  The reason I like it is because it will be so thoroughly unexpected.  I hear that many couples routinely communicate with one another over Facebook, but we never have.  And, since he rarely checks Facebook, I'm not even sure when he will get the message.  My hope is that it will be a sweet surprise amidst the drivel of finding out former classmates' horoscopes, latest rant against some pop culture issue, or latest game accomplishment.

And who knows, by the time he sees it, it could well be a surprise to me as too :)

Also, just to update from yesterday--yes, today was a better day.  We had no accidents from either children, though my cat decided to throw himself into the lot by having his first indoor accident in living memory.  I'm not sure if it was the new litter box that threw him off or if it was revenge for our extended holiday trip.  Either way, it was unpleasant.  I am pleased to report that my attitude and demeanor were much improved over yesterday's performance though . . .

In the Interest of Transparency, My Note:

We may live in this house for-ev-er. And we may have to sleep on a bed that suddenly smells like cat urine. We may have to learn to discipline the world's cutest little girl. And we may have to one day face up to the fact that she will start liking, kissing, and dating boys. We may have to watch Curious George episodes another 1,563 times before our son tires of them. And we may have to spend the same number of nights staying up until midnight to make sure our boy has one last potty break.

We will likely face much worse than everything I described above before all is said and done. But, no matter what we face, as long as we are together, I will always know that I am lucky. And blessed. To have a true soulmate and life companion makes everything else just an adventure to get to experience with you.

I may or may not be avoiding sleeping in the contaminated bed right now, but I promise that the only reason I am venturing up there at all is so that I won't miss even one night without you.

I love you.

yours,
Amy
 
(Everything discussed in here was something we talked about today)

No comments:

Post a Comment