Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 46--Focusing on the Good Things

This evening, I'm going to focus on the positive, taking a page from my sweetheart, who has always been good at that.

The good news is that since I was unable to ever fall asleep last night due to sinus pain and congestion, I was able to get all of my required work for the day done before 6:00am and was even able to catch up on my grading.

The good news is that I was also able to work on a filing project that I was woefully behind on as well last night.

The good news is that it didn't matter that the kids woke up early because I was up anyway.

The good news is that I had plenty of time to get Barney's special breakfast made before he got up at 8:30.

The good news is that he loved my trip idea and the portfolio I put together about it. He seemed to really appreciate my 35 Reason Why I Love Him.

The good news is that since the constant pain meant sleep wasn't an option, we went to the burger place and the movie anyway. (highly recommend The King's Speech by the way).

The good news is that since theatres are dark, no one could see the tissues I stuffed up each nostril.

The good news is that both kids had great days at school and then came home to quickly eat a good dinner apiece.

The good news is that they were so impatient for birthday cake that we ate it before the grownup dinner, so when I was then too worn down to make dinner, I didn't have to worry about no birthday cake time on Barney's birthday.

The good news is that Barney could tell that I wasn't up for cooking or eating dinner and so postponed his birthday dinner of his own initiative.

The good news is that he seemed to have felt loved and appreciated today. Which is good, because he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment