Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 41--Does Normality Exist Anymore?

I've noticed through blogging on here that I often wake up with one set of expectations for the day only to find that my day with no plans and no kinks in it is quickly turned into something entirely different.  Today was the doozy of all of those days.  I was supposed to get to sleep in this morning, and the kids did not wake up until 8:15, so we both got the special treat of sleeping in.  But, Barney is slow in getting up and seems to not feel very good.  Finally, he's up, and I am in bed contemplating getting up when I hear the sound of retching.  When I reach the bathroom, I see George doubled up over the toilet, throwing up.  He insists that he is fine though and that he just choked.  So, I work on getting him cleaned up while Barney gets Olivia dressed.  Both kids head downstairs with Barney for some milk and a light breakfast, and I stay upstairs getting ready until I hear the urgent call from downstairs that Barney is in need of assistance.  George was sick again.

So, I clean him up again and settle him on the couch to watch cartoons while the rest of us finish getting ready.  Barney takes Olivia to school, and when he comes home, it is immediately apparent to me that he is also sick.  So, he is sent upstairs to rest.  Then, within an hour, school calls to let me know that Olivia has been throwing up.  I quickly head to school and pick her up, and from 10:30 this morning on, I have been taking care of three sick people.  They are all bathed and in bed sleeping now, and I am going to go soak for a while and head that way myself.  I am not anticipating a full night's sleep as George's last act before bed was one more throw up for fun (I lost count around 8 times today for the poor little guy).

So, there was no movie matinee this afternoon, just like there was no spaghetti dinner the night before.  Romance is becoming harder and harder to come by these days--and that's with me deliberately trying.  It makes me wonder where romance would fit into our lives if I wasn't making a deliberate effort.  The good news though is that I did find a bed and breakfast that had availability and met all of my requirements for our big trip.  It is booked, and that is one thing out of the way.  Catching up on work though is a whole different story.....

No comments:

Post a Comment