Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 44--And the Fun Continues

We woke up this morning to Olivia burning up with fever and having trouble breathing.  So, we first called daycare to let them know that both children would be staying home today.  Then, we made an appointment for her to go see the doctor.  They diagnosed her as having an upper respiratory infection that is entirely separate from the stomach virus we all are getting over.  And, to make things more fun, the upper respiratory infection has caused an ear infection.  So, we are still very much in crisis mode at our house.  But, George did seem to be on the mend today, as he was able to keep milk down, and we had relatively few issues with him being sick. 

Both Barney and I are pretty well worn out at this point, both physically and emotionally.  It feels like we are operating in survival mode, and both of us are fighting a tendency to be sharp towards one another when communicating, even though we aren't fighting.  So, today was definitely a day to be more deliberate in my behavior towards him.  I did this first and foremost by letting go when he was sharp with me, knowing that there was nothing really behind it.  But, we both could use a pick-me-up at this point, so when I went to the pharmacy today, I also picked up a new kind of candy bar that I thought he might like and put it in the fridge for him to find.  Then, when he mentioned a favorite restaurant tonight that is on my "Absolutely Not" list during pregnancy, I agreed to it.

Tomorrow is my last day to prepare for his birthday, and I have so much to do, but I honestly think that the best thing I could do for him and myself is to go to bed early tonight, so that is my number one goal at this point.  Hopefully when you hear from me tomorrow, I will be more coherent and rested.  We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. awwwww sooooooo sad!!!!

    btw- what's the 'absolutely not' restaurant?
    minda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chipotle--just too much spice for this preggo!

    ReplyDelete