Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 63--Like a Girl Who Didn't Get a Call after that First Date

It appears that our potential buyers had a change of heart.  Their realtor told us yesterday that she expected to have an offer for us today, but when our realtor checked in with her today, she said that not only had she not heard about an offer but that the couple spent the day going to open houses.

When your house has been on the market for a year, you learn to have low expectations.  But, for some reason, we both thought that we were going to be getting our first offer today.  So, it has been more of a heartbreak than I care to admit.  I am definitely sulking tonight.

The good news is that I was so busy today, I really had comparatively little time to sulk.  I started off the morning with laundry sorting, then church, then more laundry, and then lemon-poppy seed muffins were made for tomorrow's breakfast, followed by homemade heart-shaped sugar cookies for the kids' parties tomorrow.  I had barely sat down to work on some classes when we got a call for a showing this afternoon (feedback: buyer wants a condo downtown instead of our neighborhood after all).  So, we dropped everything to clean up (the kitchen was a disaster zone).  I then went out and did some last minute Valentine's Day shopping and then our grocery shopping during the showing hour.  Barney took the kids to the park.  I came home, fixed dinner, addressed and packaged the valentines and candy, frosted and decorated the cookies, did as much class stuff as possible, and now it's midnight.  I gave up on catching up on my classes (boo) and have not yet decided whether or not to wrap Barney and the kids' presents as had been my original intention.  I also have two more loads of laundry to fold (double boo).  I also gave up on getting the French silk pie for tomorrow night's dinner made this evening long ago.

All of that was listed to say--tomorrow Barney wants me to go out and look around the area we want to move--not official showings but more to get a better idea of the layout of the area and where might be good places to look.  But, I still have a pie to make, am behind in my classes, presents to wrap, laundry to fold, and Valentine's day dinner to make.  I want to give him the gift of going out there, but I am afraid that the cost will be too high in terms of managing everything that I need to do.  I don't know what I will do.

Barney was pleasantly surprised by the shiny car this morning, but the rest of the day has been a little less successful in terms of meeting my daily goal.  There are several factors in this: 1. we were both tense waiting for the phone call 2. while my day was packed, Barney's was not, and I had to struggle not to resent his free time and 3. my lack of downtime over the weekend has created an edge of crankiness in my demeanor that rears its ugly head all too easily, and I feel like Barney too has been more prone to cranky outbursts this weekend for whatever reason.

Tomorrow will come quickly after a short night's rest, but it is Valentine's Day, and I want to make my Valentine feel as special as possible.  So, my goal is to banish my tension and crankiness, try to let go of the disappointment regarding the lack of an offer, and to spend the day celebrating the fact that I am blessed enough to have married the love of my life and celebrating the aforementioned love of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment