Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 51--A Snow Day

I woke up this morning at 4:30am to the sound of ice coming down steadily on my roof.  I knew then what I had feared the night before--today was going to be a snow day, making the chance of me getting a full day of work in very slim.  Because sleep is still fairly hard for me due to the congestion, I never could manage to get to sleep again, so I got up at 5:30 and got a couple of hours of work in before anyone else woke up, which really helped.

I decided that today I would make it a special snow day for the kids, just like I remember when I was a kid.  So, when they woke up, we made sausage balls and snow donuts (basically deep fried biscuit pieces covered in powdered sugar--super healthy I know).  The kids got to shake the donuts in the sugar, and they loved it.

We then played all morning, and then after nap time (which was basically playing in bed time for both kids), George and I made Barney homemade oatmeal cookies and a hot chocolate.  It was one of the first times where George was really interested in the cooking process from the start to the finish, and I really loved sharing that with him.  And, Barney loved the special afternoon treat :)

There weren't any amazing moments, but it was a special day of bonding for all four of us as we cozied up in the house and enjoyed the view of the winter wonderland outside.  We weren't silly enough to actually go outside in it though! 

I am yet again totally exhausted and not feeling great, but I made some really good headway on work today during the early morning hours and the after bedtime hours.  That's probably a good thing since the schools have already announced that tomorrow will be another snow day.  So, I'm off to my bath to contemplate fun ideas for tomorrow.  Maybe I will tackle some arts and crafts or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment