Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 72--A Calendar Update

I got an email today from George's dentist, reminding us of an upcoming appointment, so I opened up my online calendar to make sure the visit was on there.  When I did, I noticed that my last entry was for Tuesday, January 18th, and said simply "Olivia sick--throwing up."  In the midst of all that has happened in the last month, I had not thought once to update my calendar.  So this evening, I tried to do just that, which lead to much reflection on the last month.  It will not go down as one of the best in my life, but if it goes down as one of the worst, then I will truly be a very blessed woman.  Things that seemed terrible at the time still seem bad, but they don't seem as hopeless as they did when we were experiencing them.  Even our personal housing crisis, which we are very much still in the middle of, seems to have lost some of its edge for me.  Of course, we had some hopeful news from a couple of different sectors today regarding the house, which probably helps immensely.

Today was actually a really positive day , and looking back over the last month made me appreciate that even more.  Despite ponying up and paying our taxes today, and despite me breaking my food processor while making Barney and George's favorite breakfast (sausage balls), there was so much good.  Barney got his first response in interest of him obtaining a teaching position once he graduates in a couple of months, and we got some news of a couple of people possibly interested in our house (though nothing very definite at all).  In addition, Barney's older sister came to visit us before her impending move 1,000 miles away to be with the man she loves.  She and Barney got to enjoy happy hour before we picked up the kids, and then later we went to a favorite Mexican food place for dinner.

To me though, the crowning point of the day was when we opened up and split some of the "bundtlets" (individual bundt cakes) that I purchased today as a surprise for Barney.  I got a groupon for them yesterday, and I went to pick them out this morning.  I knew they looked yummy, but so often cakes that look yummy end up not living up to their looks.  These cakes though . . . amazing.  I am very sad that I only bought one lemon because it was beyond good.  Barney's sister and George declared the chocolate to be equally awesome.  Tomorrow, we will try the cinnamon.

Today was a breath of fresh air for us, and I am sincerely grateful for it.  Before he collapsed into bed tonight, Barney expressed much of the same sentiment.  I'm hoping for a repeat performance tomorrow ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment