Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 74--Breathing Again

We had no showings on our house today, which is good because it means that I was able to actually catch up on my work.  But, it means we had no showings today, which is always sad to me.  I half-listen for the ring of Barney's phone all throughout the day in case it is news from the realtor or a request for a showing.  We did hear from both interested parties today: the potential buyers have reaffirmed a promise to put an offer on the house on Tuesday or Wednesday.  The potential renters are seeing one final set of houses tomorrow and plan to make a decision likely on Monday. 

It was my morning to get up with the kids, so we made cinnamon toast and had a family breakfast this morning.  It was a hard and busy workday for both of us today, and then this evening Barney took the kids to the park, and I made dinner.  We had baked chicken, and I made a potato casserole that was actually highly recommended by a student.  Barney loved it--it is more than rare that I expirament with potatoes since I don't like them.  I think he really enjoyed the change of pace in our meals.

Then, this evening a dear friend came to visit, which was such a lovely surprise.  George was so excited to see her, even though he took on his shy persona when she tried to talk to him.

Today was as close to a normal day as our life gets these days, and I am very grateful for it.  It might not make for fascinating reading, but sometimes normalcy is just such a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment