Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 80--What a Big Day

Today has been such a whirlwind of a day that I haven't even really been able to process it.  It started off last night really because I was so busy decorating and filling our new house in my imagination that I got less than three hours of total sleep last night.  Nevertheless, I woke up easily this morning and ready to go see the house again.  We actually were so eager that we got there half an hour early, which is pretty rare for us to do in the mornings.

We met our wonderful realtor and our parents out at the house at 9:00, and we spent the next couple of hours there.  We both felt very sure once we were in the house that it is very much the house of our dreams.  Mom and I quickly passed the time taking measurements and mentally arranged furniture throughout the house while Dad and Barney worked on yard ideas.  We also met the next door neighbor, who has kids the same age as ours, which is awesome.

After we left, our realtor put in our offer, and we hope to get the counteroffer sometime tomorrow.  We also had a showing today and have another scheduled for tomorrow.  Since we could not hang out at the house, we went furniture shopping (not to buy--just to look).  It was very fun for both of us.  But, it meant that we did not start working today until 5:00pm.  I have spent the last six hours trying to catch up on work, and at this point, I am totally spent.

I did manage to surprise Barney this morning with a coke and his favorite (and very hard to find) candy bar--Peanut Butter Twix bars that my mom spied when we went to the convenience store by the house for a quick second.  He was ready for the caffeine at that point and quickly ate his chocolate treat up.

In addition, Marshall found out today that he got his first choice of a tenure track position at a really great school.  It is several states away, but we could not be happier for his family.  I also got some good news about a possible additional income opportunity that made me feel better about putting an offer on the house when we haven't leased ours yet.

Days like today don't happen often, so I hope that I am not too exhausted tonight to take some time and really cherish what a special day it was.

1 comment: