Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 88--2011, The Year of Exhaustion

I feel like I write about sleeping, a lack of sleep, and a desire to sleep a lot.  I know I think about it a lot.  I cannot ever remember a season in my life when I have had such a consistent shortage of sleep, and my newborn isn't even due for another two and a half months!

The kids were up at 6:45, and since I followed my usual routine of being unable to sleep the night before until after 12:30, it was another very short night for me.  Barney spent the morning picking up boxes from places that had listed them on Craigslist for free, leaving me at home to work.  When he got home, he reminded me that we had the inspection today.  I very much wanted to skip the inspection and let him go on his own while I grabbed a nap, but I got the impression that he wanted me to go.  So, I went with him, which turned out to be good because the builder was supposed to leave us some paperwork at the house but failed to do so (big shocker, Mr. Reliable and Definitely Completely Sane did not come through yet again).  Have I mentioned that even though we have a contract with him, he went ahead and upped the asking price in MLS by $20,000, changed the square footage, and has failed to update the contract status with MLS?

Barney was so discouraged--he remains constantly nervous that something is going to happen that will cause this whole thing to fall apart.  And that would be bad considering that we just signed the lease on the house today.

I wanted to do something to cheer him up, but I was not feeling like a cheerleader today.  Besides working this morning, I had spent a good deal of time on the phone with my insurance and doctor's office trying to get some bills sorted out, and it had not left me in the best of moods.  It has become somewhat of a tradition the past few weeks to eat at Panera Bread for lunch on Fridays, so to get a better perspective on things, we went there and ate rather than just coming home and working.  It seemed to work pretty well.  Our spirits were somewhat better when we came home and worked until it was time to pick up the kids.  We got our long walk in today, which was great because the weather was beautiful.  Then, I actually fixed Barney dinner--steak fajitas to use up some of the meat I had in the freezer.  We are trying not to buy any groceries other than the absolute necessities until we move, and we are trying to eat as much as we can of what we have in our freezer/fridge.  So, we didn't have the trimmings, but I had the flank steak, some refried beans, shredded cheese, and onion. 

Tonight, as per our new usual routine, was dedicated to packing.  We have now packed up all but a drawer of necessities in the living and dining room (not counting furniture).  Our eat-in kitchen is about 75% packed, and our storage cupboard under the stairs is also packed.  We have packed quite a bit from the kitchen but still have lots more to go in there as well.  My plan tomorrow is to tackle the office, but it is pretty bare boned already from when we moved stuff into storage last summer, so it should not take long.  After that, we will move upstairs and start packing up there.  If we keep this up, we should be packed without too much trouble by the time we need to be out.

Tomorrow we will take a break from working to go to Marshall's son's first birthday party.  They live about an hour and a half away, so it will likely take up most if not all of the day.  Thank goodness we don't have to worry about showings any more and don't have to leave the house ready for visitors on a moment's notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment