Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 81--A Big Day, Part II

If yesterday was a big day, today just continued with that trend.  While we found out that we will not get a counteroffer until at least Monday due to a family death with the builder, things on the leasing end of this project have been hopping.  We had three showings today, all of whom expressed strong interest and one of whom has actually submitted applications to lease the house.  We have another showing tomorrow morning as well.  So, it is looking like we will be able to lease this house sooner rather than later, which is wonderful.

All of the showings meant another day of not getting work done during the day, and it feels like time is a very precious commodity all of a sudden.  Things in our world are not going to be normal for months at this point, and we are living from highs to lows and nothing but busyness in between.

So, I shouldn't have been surprised when tension suddenly erupted between Barney and I today, manifesting in a big fight this morning and continuing throughout the day with several smaller fights.  During our fights, Barney brought out all of his old arguments against me, namely that I do nothing but yell and boss and nag.  I had thought that I have changed quite a bit in that regard over the past three months, so I was extremely hurt by these accusations.  My first inclination was to dismiss them out of hat. But, as it has gotten quiet now that everyone but me has drifted to bed, I have to admit that while I am not sure it is as bad as Barney may have presented it to be, I am inarguably distracted by things other than specifically how I interact with my husband these days.

It feels like there just isn't time to stop and consider our interactions, and when I am allowing my mind just to wander, I am much more likely to be mentally decorating my new house, trying to figure out the best way to find the right nanny, or panicking about how much work this move is going to be.  In short, I have let my marriage move from being a high priority to a very low priority.  It's funny because I definitely would not say that is true about parenting, so why would I think it is okay to put my husband on the back burner?  I don't have a good answer for that, but it is a situation that I am make a priority no matter how busy or how much crazier life becomes between now, and I don't know, when our youngest starts college....  (or at least until the end of the summer when we should be able to start getting into a routine in our new house, new school, and with our new baby).

p.s. It's starting to look like our New Orleans trip may have to be cancelled, which is making me very sad :(

No comments:

Post a Comment