Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Days 106 & 107--First Night in the New House

Nothing today went as planned--which is a big shocker of course.  The movers were only able to move in about half of our stuff, and then they had another job, which meant that we had to return the truck and rent it again tomorrow and hire more movers for tomorrow.  It is all just money out of the bank, BUT we are in our new house, and the kids are in the new house, and they seem to love it.  Even the cat seems pretty content with his new digs.

Today was nothing short of exhausting, though thank goodness my mother was here to help me out for most of the afternoon and then pretty late into the evening.  She has agreed to come again tomorrow, which is a huge relief for me and my dad may even come up on Friday.  All good news.

Barney had an unshakable optimism today which I very much appreciated even as I was unable to emulate it myself.  He is already in bed and hopefully asleep as we have another super long day tomorrow.  Seeing him so happy has been the best part of this move so far, and I hope that he will be able to retain that sense of joy for a while.  Joy seems to be so much more elusive as an adult than it was as a child, so when we feel it, it is definitely worth trying to hang onto.

No comments:

Post a Comment