Thursday, March 17, 2011

Days 93 & 94 -- More of the Same

I have to tell you about yesterday.  As I had mentioned, Barney spent much of yesterday out at the new house working on stuff for our backyard while I stayed home and worked primarily on utilities--both shutting down the current house and setting up the new house (what an absolutely unpleasant task that was).  Barney called on his way home, and it happened to be right near the end of Sonic happy hour, so I asked him to swing by and pick up a tea for me, and he was totally fine with that.  A little bit later he got home and had completely forgotten to get the tea, just as he had with the now infamous pudding.  I teased him a little bit but went out and picked it up really quickly.  This time there was no anger.

Then, last night, Barney ate with the kids while I was working, and so once they were done with dinner, he asked what I wanted.  I placed an order with him for something from a nearby cafe, and he decided to check to see if the stores right next to the cafe had any boxes while he was out.  He came home with a car full of great boxes--but NO food.  He had forgotten again.  At this point, he felt very terrible about constantly forgetting him, and I may or may not have played it up to the full hilt last night--but in a teasing way and not by pouting or being angry as I did with the pudding.

I quickly ate, and then we packed for hours last night.  I finally finished up and went to bed around 1:00am.  I woke up extremely sore and still exhausted this morning.  So, this afternoon, I treated myself to a nap, which was definitely very needed at this point.  I am going to go for lighter packing tonight as well.  Too bad that my favorite show is still on hiatus so that I cannot use it as an excuse for a nice break.

Today, Barney wanted me to go with him to Home Depot to look at trees and grass seed and lawn mowers.  So, that was our afternoon excursion.  I cannot believe how the countdown is flying past until we are supposed to move into our new home, and I cannot believe just how much we still have to do to get ready for the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment