Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 92--Life in the Crazy Lane

Before I go into today, I want to go back to yesterday.  Before I even fell asleep last night, I was ready to admit what I was not willing to admit at the time of my blog posting.  That is--I am fully aware that I had more culpability for the disaster of last night than I gave myself credit for initially.  I should not have pouted when he came home without the pudding.  I should have gracefully accepted the change of plans and either made new plans to get the treat today or found a different treat from the house (like a Reese's egg, which I enjoyed today for a lovely snack.  I do love Easter candy).  My poor behavior set up the rest of the night, and sadly the effects lasted well into today also.

The ice had not completely melted between us for most of the morning, leading to yet another confrontation when the trash truck drove past our house midmorning making my intermittent suggestions that Barney should go ahead and put the trash out now useless as we had missed the pick up.  I ran through the house like a crazy person trying to empty the trashes fast enough to get them out there and have some hope of getting them emptied, and I may or may not have been making my unhappiness at the turn of events be clearly known as I did so.

Definitely not the best start to the day.  But luckily things started to turn around, not because of any awesome thing that I did to fix it, but because we heard from our loan officer that we needed to put together about 50 different pieces of information so that she could move forward with the processing of our loan.  We had to work together to get everything finished and ready for her to start working on before CoB today, and by the time we were finished, we had a 47 page fax and a much more harmonious atmosphere in the household.  I know that it is weird that putting together a bunch of paperwork together made things better rather than worse, but for whatever reason, it's also true.

While Barney completed the paperwork, I went and got the kids.  We took a break from all of the packing and household preparations for a few hours to spend time with them and to eat dinner.  I cooked, using meat from our freezer to try to clean out as much as possible before the movers get here in two weeks, and we actually watched about 45 minutes of a recent SNL while we ate and before we resumed packing.  Barney suggested the break, and it felt like an apology for refusing to take the break last night.

Then, it was back to packing.  I packed up quite a bit more of the kitchen, and Barney has now packed almost all of my books--about 750 in total.  It was very productive, and it feels good at the end of the day to have that feeling of accomplishment.

Tomorrow will be another day like today--filled with packing and working on stuff for the move once the work for the day is done.  I plan to start sending inquiry letters to potential nannies tomorrow, which should be an interesting process.  I also have to work on getting our utilities lined up at both places--the cancellations and the new services.  I have done some of it but still have much to do.  Barney will be working on the appraisal of the new house and some estimates on the lawn work that we need done.  It will be a rare day apart, which is not entirely bad considering how high tensions are around here these days.

The sad thing for me is that I discovered tonight that the audiobook that I rented from the library and downloaded to my computer is missing a disc--disc 12/15.  So, I am three quarters of the way through a book and missing a nice chunk of it--a very depressing concept all around.  (Not that this relates to the topic at hand, but I had to share my depressing state of events anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment